The Eagle’s Wing Ministry was set up in 2007 to cater to the needs of “People with Different Capabilities”. We get our name from Isaiah (40:31): “But they that hope in the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall take wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint”. Although an eagle has two wings, we chose the singular “Wing” to acknowledge that we are indeed different.
THE BEATITUDES FOR DIFFERENTLY ABLED PERSONS
- Blessed are you who take time to listen to difficult speech, for you help us to know that if we persevere, we can be understood.
- Blessed are you who never bid us to hurry, more blessed are you who do not snatch our task from our hands to do them for us for often we need time rather than help.
- Blessed are you who ask for our help, for our greatest need is to be needed.
- Blessed are you who walk with us in public places and ignore the stares of strangers, for in your companion ship, you assure us that we are not alone and help us face the world with courage.
- Blessed are you who help us with the graciousness of Christ’s Divine Love and stand by us as we enter into new and untried ventures.
- Blessed are you who with compassion put lots of voluntary efforts to be our eyes, ears, voice, hand and feet in this journey of life. For alone we can do so little but together we can move mountains, turn every stumbling block into stepping stones.
Come let us build a community of faith, hope and love, working together hand in hand with joy and peace for the good of all.
To contact the Eagle’s Wing team, please leave your name and contact number with the parish office. The Eagle’s Wing team will contact you as soon as possible.
6. EAGLE’S WING MINISTRY – 10th YEAR ANNIVERSARY & IDD CELEBRATION
5. EAGLE’S WING MINISTRY – OUTREACH AND AWARENESS PROGRAMME #34
4. EAGLE’S WING MINISTRY – OUTREACH AND AWARENESS PROGRAMME #3
3. EAGLE’S WING MINISTRY – OUTREACH AND AWARENESS PROGRAMME #2
2. MEETING CARDINAL ANTHONY SOTER FERNANDEZ
1. EAGLE’S WING MINISTRY – OUTREACH AND AWARENESS PROGRAMME #1